I’ve been mooning over Yoon Shi-yoon lately, because I want to, har har. That being said I decided to watch those dramas that he was casted in. After Flower Boy Next Door, I opt to watch Me Too, Flower and yes, it has something to do with the inclusion of the word “flower” to the title because flower equals beautiful, that’s the logic; at least the Korean Drama logic and indeed it was beautiful.
What the babble’s about?
Cha Bong-sun (Lee Ji-ah) is a police officer with a bit of unplaced angst, a hint of rebellion and a need to be loved, in every possible way. When she was not promoted as a Sergeant, she staged a protest that caused her to take some counseling from Park Tae-hwa (Jo Min-ki) a wealthy psychologist that she finds irritating specially he’s been asking things she’s been avoiding to face for so long. As she is leaving his office, she almost had an accident that adds to her initial irritations.
At work, she was assigned a new patrol partner, Jo Ma-ru (Lee Gi-kwang). They were tasked to respond to an incident report from Perche, a high end fashion store owned by Park Hwa-young (Han Go-eun). She sees Seo Jae-hee (Yoon Shi-yoon) who is working as a valet parking attendant. Unbeknownst to her, it is just a cover, he is actually the co-founder of the store. The initial irritation just adds up as they had a real accident that cause him to be fired from his job. He goes to the police station to tell her that he was fired and demanded she find a job for her. The tension between them is obvious that it goes to say that he is about to shake her already shaky world while trying to find his own closure from his shady past.
I find this drama extremely interesting, well I know it has to do with me mooning over Yoon Shi-yoon but aside from that, the story line is great, as per my opinion, makes me want to have my own shrink for all those time that I feel like I am losing it, harhar. The characters are believable in a way that you feel with them: like I sympathize with Bong-sun’s being all reluctant to forgive her parents whom she thought abandoned her. I understand Jae-hee’s wish to protect Hwa-young and her son because he feels responsible for her husband’s death. I can somehow accept Hwa-young’s being obsessive with Jae-hee because she needed someone to hold on to after her husband’s tragic demise. I love Dr. Tae-hwa, and as I already mentioned, I wish he was my shrink. Ma-ru is another character that I am fond of, the way he’s hesitant to pursue his love interest is interesting and I am somewhat sad that he lost his chance. I can also relate to Kim Dal (Seo Hyo-rim) her wanting to have it all and be loved.
Oh so engaging!
Initially, it was all about me watching Yoon Shi-yoon, yes that shallow but hey, fangirls are fangirls and nope, I’m not ashamed about it. Though I have to admit I am happy that this drama turned out to be good and engaging. Here’s why:
1. Cha Bong-sun in all her shiny layers. It’s amazing how she doesn’t want to accept at first that there’s something wrong with her, how she covers her thoughtful and sweet self with angst and roughness because she’s afraid and she haven’t experienced love yet she overcame everything and found a love to last her days no matter their differences.
2. Seo Jae-hee and his quest to do right plus self forgiveness. I love the way Yoon Shi-yoon gave life to this chatacter, it’s good, no great well actually awesome. The different emotions he showed are so tasteful it’s unbelievable. It’s such a joy to watch. I like how he was lonely and how it is self inflicted, how he wants to be responsible about something that he didn’t entirely did on purpose.
3. We found our missing pieces. That’s exactly what I think while watching the love story between Bong-sun and Jae-hee flourish, beautifully. True it was a long road but it was filled with sweetness and everything else. I was happy that in the end, they accepted each other’s differences.
4. Kim Dal wants to be loved. For a person who lost her once charming life, it is but expected that things would turn out awry and quite frankly, somewhat acceptable. True she’s a pain and annoyingly cute at that but you have to admire a person who knows what she wants.
5. Jo Ma-ru, baby calculating his way to love. This is sad, because in doing so he missed his chance, not that he really has one anyways still, he continued to take care of his Bong-sun noona and even stepped up for her when she was falling apart over her break up.
5. Tae-hwa the shrink for all needs and purposes. Having a shrink I guess is a real love hate relationship. He prods and tells you things you don’t want to hear; makes you realize what it is that’s troubling you, comforts you on your meltdown. Yup, I need a shrink. LOL
Yet, I was weary, I was!
A good drama also makes you weary, that I think is part of it that can’t be denied. It would have been better if it wasn’t there but let’s face it, it’s required, well sort of. Here’s the source of my weariness:
1. Hwa-young, the obsessed feeling victimized woman. At first I was entertained, truly I am. I thought this character was dignified and all, that was until she showed her true colors. What’s with being clingy and using emotions as means of blackmail and keeping a person close to you for your own purpose and gain? That’s not loving at all, if it was then pigs can fly is what I think.
2. Overly pushing and pulling to the point of exhaustion and self destruction. The first and second time was adorable and bearable but the last few was too much for my own liking, make up your mind people; break up if you really mean it. Well maybe they need to prolong the agony, these guys are masochist, not the other meaning and by these guys I mean Bong-sun and Jae-hee.
3. Jae-hee’s noble idiocy and partiality. Why do I say partiality, well he was partial with everything; first his feelings then his true status and lastly his “obligation” to Hwa-young. He could have revealed it all in one time but he had to be partial and turn things complicated. I guess that was needed to prolong the drama but still, I just wish he muster enough courage to tell Bong-sun everything right away. Then there’s noble idiocy; this is a part that can’t be omitted I think, somehow I was expecting something like this to happen but I didn’t like that it took a long airing time, it was difficult to watch, so frustrating.
4. Bong-sun’s allergy to riches. Well it’s more on she thinks less of herself, initially it was fine, but the longer it drags the more I get sick of it because come on, it’s not his mistake if he is rich, the only mistake I see there is he took so long to let her know.
Oh Those Melodies
Anyone who watches Korean Dramas knows the importance of the OST, these are a must. It adds to the attraction of the drama and I have to say Me Too, Flower’s OST is good, extremely pleasant to the ears. Here are some of the songs that I kinda listen to even after I finished watching the drama:
Seo Yeon (서연) – Love is You (ft. Blue Marble)[audio http://dc504.4shared.com/img/1607289426/6c2bccf4/dlink__2Fdownload_2FgzrWRqpZ_3Ftsid_3D20140214-30000-f2b3b9e0/preview.mp3]
BB Boys – L. O. V. E.[audio http://dc476.4shared.com/img/1029630026/9b6b5d0f/dlink__2Fdownload_2FzvuBA-qx_3Ftsid_3D20140214-31338-50ace7a0/preview.mp3]
Oshima Mai feat. Levela – You[audio http://dc465.4shared.com/img/1029971365/d8220498/dlink__2Fdownload_2F9ec_5FbHjb_3Ftsid_3D20140214-32221-a40a34e/preview.mp3]
Beast – Dreaming[audio http://dc436.4shared.com/img/1010632772/5520f16d/dlink__2Fdownload_2FXMVQT0w8_3Ftsid_3D20140214-32412-9a009630/preview.mp3]
Some of those scenes that I liked and as it says: captured. Let me note: spoiler alert, maximum level I guess, or yeah, maximum level. I got all excited with screen caps, sorry.
First meeting; the tension and sparks are pretty obvious.
They met once more and their fates are sealed.
Do you like me? The answer is pretty obvious right?
Uhm, this pretty much is here because I want it to be here. ^^
This is a fangirls dream.
This is why you shouldn’t provoke her, poor Jae-hee; you brought it on yourself though.
He tries to bribe her, look how things turned out. Lesson: don’t mess with her.
She’s not suffering from depression according to Ma-ru, that’s what she’s happy about.
Frenemy, indulgent frenemy.
It started as a dare, Ma-ru had such rotten timing, I wanted mooore of the naughty.
This is why she’s too clingy on him, he’s awesome with the kid too.
Hallucination, first clear sign that you’re falling.
I laugh so hard watching this part; it would have been better if she just walked straight but she has to try and avoid them, thus the chaos.
Ex bf meets “current” bf and since they kissed, they’re not strangers anymore.
Ma-ru Darth Vader.
This is called ROFL.
He gets them to talk, and talk they do.
The reason she’s so angry is because she’s beginning to fall for him hard.
At first it was just to stop her but I guess her brain stopped working at the same time mine did thus it turned into a make out session.
You’re prettiest when you’re drinking doesn’t really sound as a compliment. ^^
Adorable Father’s Day.
Coolest “Fangirl” ever!
He went out of town for some business and she’s worried cause it was said that it’s a sick leave at work. Girlfriend finally had the guts to move forward, accept her feelings only they don’t even know their phone numbers which does not make sense because of all the skinship.
He came back, he missed her and wants to keep seeing her. He’s her “Oppa” and she’s so happy she can’t hide it.
“I’ll let you know about him if you have lunch with me,” says the shrink who hates eating alone.
He said she can lean on him thus she poured her heart and they share their fears of living alone.
Bong-sunnie’s aeygo monster moment.
The “can you please tell me what I want to hear and take my side” moment.
Calm before the storm, first dinner together.
Before and after identity revelation.
That story explains so much about you.
The cutest and sincerest apology.
“I know you, you know her but I didn’t know you’re dating” or “it’s a small world after all and guys are petty” moment.
“I’m drunk, I had an accident and I think I am bleeding, I need Officer Cha!” says the adorable drunk puppy on the street.
More of the cute drunk moment because I can’t help it. Oh and he said she is not supposed to go home, awe-some!
I wanna give you a hug or two!
He delivers pizza and brings hot packs because he’s sweet like that. ^^
“I got used, I can’t decide what to do, I need consultation!” says the rude girl in 10 inches high heels.
Hurting ourselves because we’re masochist like that.
This is why she’s so afraid.
The moment of truth, thank you USB!
How about some consultation my dear cousin?
He’s keeping her warm.
I love how mom is happy she found someone to care and love her just the way she is.
Love me, that’s all I ask of you.
Somehow I want more than that but since she’s a patient, that would do, oh hugs, more hugs.
Take it down!
Cuddling, more cuddling!
I could say that regardless of those wearying points, I was satisfied with Me Too, Flower and if I have time, I would re-watch it again, not just for Yoon Shi-yoon but for something more like the shrink advises and all the craziness.
9 out of 10